Sunday 28 December 2014

Are you really serious about NEW YEAR RESOLUTION?

Now that the new year is around the corner,many of you might be in the process of finding new year resolutions.Some of you are thinking of exercising 5 days a week(with occasional jogging),waking up early in the morning at least on weekdays or hooking up less on facebook and whatsapp.Others,in my view,are eagerly waiting for Jan 1,2015 to cut down on smoking,alcohol or paan-masala.On Dec 31,nearly 90 percent of the drunkards(both habitual and occasional ones) take a collective pledge while holding their pegs "Cheers,aaj se daaru pina chhod denge"(Cheers,henceforth,we shall do away with drinking).

Taking up resolutions is very easy.It needs just the word of the mouth or noting down on a piece of paper in bold letters.Following it up for 12 months is quite an uphill task.Leave alone 12 months,I have had not a single record of honouring my resolutions for even 12 weeks.Every time,I used to give up consoling myself that some of my friends had even failed to keep their quasi-promises for 12 days.They would say "Bas bahot ho gaya yaar,zindagi ek hi baar milti hai"(Enough is enough friend,life comes only once).

I still remember one of my teachers advising me to treat every day as a new year day.Perhaps,we both fell in the same category of serious thinkers failing every year to keeping our resolutions intact.His guru mantra might have been the by-product of repeated failed attempts.He was against taking up new year pledges unless one had the serious resoluteness to follow it for 365 days.

So,my new year's resolution for 2015 is to not make any new year's resolutions.Breaking resolutions often accompany a sense of failure and I do not want to be a part of it.For,those who have succeeded in keeping up their new year promises,I salute your firm determination and courage.I too extend my best wishes to those planning quite seriously to adhere to their resolutions scrupulously as a 365-day mission.

HAPPY NEW YEAR,2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment